Eastbourne Festival: Pushing boundaries - doing something different!
Eastbourne Festival is an Open Access Arts Festival which takes place annually for three weeks from Easter Saturday each year. Now in its fifth year it has become recognised as an annual showcase for local professional and amateur talent. It is now attracting participation and interest at regional, national and international level. Anyone who feels able to organise a suitable Festival Event or Artists' Open House is encouraged to participate. What a wonderful opportunity to showcase your talent both to the local community and visitors, and to bring all the diverse communities of Eastbourne together. It enables all strands of the arts from whatever part of the town to be drawn together, once a year, to showcase their work with others including local, regional, national and international professionals, to network with other associations from within the town and outside it and to further expertise by participating in workshops including those run by Catalyst Arts, ECCN and others.If you have an idea for an event which you would like to develop our Directors would be glad to hear from you to discuss suitability and inspire confidence!
Eastbourne Festival aims to:
- showcase contemporary, traditional and experimental work produced across the arts, by local artists, musicians, performers and practitioners.
- support local visual and other artists by acting as a promotion and listings facility for Festival events
- invite participation of externally developed projects and events which highlight best working practice across a range of diverse arts forms.
- establish Eastbourne as an area of artistic and cultural activity, taking a significant place in the future cultural strategy of the town.
Local, regional, national and international event organisers of whatever size and experience are invited to submit proposals for events for inclusion in Festival 2013 (30 Marchto 21 April 2013) in keeping with one or more of the following criteria:
- celebrating Eastbourne - its unique identity and history, its often overlooked and undervalued qualities, its built and natural environment, seafront and beach.
- utilising non-traditional or outdoor venues.
- supporting and/or highlighting the work of professional practitioners living and working in Eastbourne.
- challenging the mainstream.
- doing something different, pushing boundaries, broadening horizons - building new partnerships and collaborations.